- Reduced price
Barrix Catch Fruit Fly Trap
Barrix Catch Fruit Fly Trap is a pest fly trap that should be used with Barrix Catch Fruit Fly Lure to attract and trap pests of the Bactrocera dorsalis with 83 sub species. Commonly known as Fruit Fly, it is a major pest of high risk and causes severe pre-harvest damage.
A Pheromone Trap for monitoring purpose
Our Trap is highly effective as it is research based and its scientific design is Design Patent Protected. Simple to assemble and hook in every farm field, its easy maintenance and removal of dead flies enable multi-season use.
Container can hold 5400 dead flies.
Barrix Catch Fruit Fly Trap is a pest fly trap that should be used with Barrix Catch Fruit Fly Lure to attract and trap pests of the Bactrocera dorsalis with 83 sub species. Commonly known as Fruit Fly, it is a major pest of high risk and causes severe pre-harvest damage. Moreover, this pest cannot be controlled by any pesticide.
We recommend farmers to use Barrix Catch Fruit Fly Trap along with Barrix Catch Fruit Fly Lure while cultivating the following crops:
Fruits: Mango, Guava, Banana, Orange, Papaya, Annona, Sapota, Peach, Cashew, Lemon, Acid Lime, Jamun, Olive, Grapes, Carambole (Star Fruit), Pineapple, Apple.
Vegetables: Tomato, Capsicum.
Commercial crops: Coffee, Almonds, Castor, Beetle Nut.
Pathway Block Technology:
The direction of the fly entry is designed in such a way that there is no way it can escape from the trap. There are three equvi positioned paths / holes for entry and exit of air and flies located at 120 degree angle. The free pathway is blocked by the specially positioned lure (at the top of the container and centre of the cap). The pathway block technology provides the following benefits for better performance:
1. The air entering into the container will hit the lure and is highly concentrated with the pheromone all the time so that the trapped fly will never try to go out of the trap.
2. The air enters, hits the lure and exits the trap with the pheromone.
3. The flies enter the trap, hit the lure block and fall down inside the trap.
4. Also, for better performance even after the trap box is filled by the flies, the warmth from the cap will hit the lure so that the pheromone is constantly released.
Colour Alluring Technology
Specific yellow color is used for cap; this yellow shade in particular is visually alluring and optimized for better pest attraction.
Ultraviolet light on plastic cause photo oxidation - leading to considerable damage due to un-stabilized thermoplastic resins. Depending on the polymer, decrease of optical, mechanical and physical properties leads to loss of surface shine, surface rips, de-chalking, yellowing, discoloration, brittleness, deterioration of the mechanics, etc.
UV Proofing of each and every trap component provides stability against the adverse effects of oxygen and light, making them heat and extraction resistant. Its low volatility helps in retention of transparency, delays surface degradation, provides prolonged field usage as they can be re-used for up to 3 seasons. It is weather proof as it is stable and sturdy in all weather conditions.
Rain Protection Technology
The trap container is designed in an Umbrella shape to avoid the entry of rain water into the trap even when tilted at 45 degree angle. This is to ensure there is no dilution or degradation of the pheromone. To guard against rain wash out of pheromone, the lure is placed at the top of the trap.
HOW TO USE
1. Fix the Barrix Catch Fruit Fly Trap as shown in the diagram below.
2. Hang at 3 to 5 feet from the ground level, preferably under the shade after fixing the Barrix Catch Fruit Fly Lure specially made for this trap into it.
3. Make sure the fixed lure is secure in its placeholder and doesn't oscillate and fall down due to the wind.
4. After 15 days of trap placement, add 1-2 drops of pesticide like Malathion / DDVP to the lure using an ink filler to reactivate the trap.
5. For prolonged harvest, replace the Barrix Catch Fruit Fly Lure piece once for every 45 days.
6. Remove flies and lure form trap box and bury them one feet below the ground or burn the dead flies.
7. The trap can be even used in pre-harvest period for securing the yield.